The Arms of Hope

Christina - Rio Rancho, New Mexico
Themes: hope

It was a cold day on January third when I got the worst news of my life. I was told that my sister who was only thirteen was going to die of brain cancer. My mind was spinning. I could not understand! Why was this happening? I felt like I had lost all hope in life.

Who was I going to talk to? This was my older sister, who I was too look up to and go to for advice. I sat in the hospital hallway pondering what I was going to do but I could not get my mind to think straight.

Why did God do this? Why would he take someone so young? I though God was the almighty and was to protect and comfort us. Instead he ripped a part of my heart away. So why did he do this?

A couple weeks later I was crying in my room and all the sudden I felt an arm around me. I looked and no one was there. I believe that I felt Jesus holding me. He was telling me that everything was going to be all right. I began to regain the hope that I had lost. Through this experience I believe that hope can be regained even after it is lost for what seems is forever.