Starting Over

Montana - St. Louis, Missouri
Themes: setbacks

I believe that starting over can make you stronger. It can make you stronger because starting over forces you meet new people and live a new life.

My mom’s boss came over from England to take an interim job. He had to leave his family behind and start all over. He is finishing up his last year now and when my mom was asking him how he felt about the whole trip he said that he learned so much about American culture and how we live. Now when he returns to his family he will understand how much they mean to him. He will also be much stronger because he did something that was new and challenging.

In 2005 Hurricane Katrina hit Louisiana. Although Hurricane Katrina was an awful event that has changed people’s lives not only for the worse, but also for the better. It may seem silly to think that these people could get something good out of this terrible thing but most people feel stronger and more appreciative. The Hurricane helped people to start over and create a better life for them selves. I recently read a very inspiring story about a man who lost every thing he owned but still finds the best in what happened. This man wrote a blog about how he learned so much about his family and neighbors. He also clams that he was “transformed” by the whole experience. This man had to move out of New Orleans and start over completely; he had to buy a new house and new things, but the whole event made him really appreciate what he has. He now lives a happy life and came out much stronger from the whole experience. There are many others who went through similar events in hurricane Katrina but feel much better after they started over.

Having moved numerous times and never really enjoying the process, I finally understand how moving has made me a better person. I become much more understanding towards others who have gone through the same thing. After every move my family becomes closer, my friends become stronger and I feel much better. I cant exactly pinpoint why I feel better, maybe its because I feel like I have accomplished something amazing, or maybe it is because I get more out of myself. I always have a sense of being a better person. Starting over has allowed me to meet some an amazing people and have some amazing experiences. Moving makes me stronger because it challenges me meet new people, start a new school, and live in a whole new place.

I know now that most experiences that, force you to start over can make you a better person. Although many people think of the negatives of having to start over, there are many positives that people can get out of the experience. I believe that moving has made me much stronger.