How to

Justina - Erie, Colorado
Themes: carpe diem

I believe in living life to its fullest. But I think that everyone has a hard time understanding what that means. What is living? Is it waking up and going to your nine to five job, coming home and making dinner then going to bed. Our daily lives have been transformed into grueling patterns that have no meaning. We have gotten caught up in what we are taught is important. The purpose of a job is to help others and get paid. Sure, money is important for some things, but people tend to get too involved in their jobs and it becomes their lives. Some people, like myself, put all of their time and energy into work or school or sports and leave no time for their own free time to relax and have fun. We should work to live, not live to work. My step- father is a great example of this. He gets up six days a week at four o clock in the morning and doesn’t come home until six or seven at night which sums up to be about 100 hours a week! Then by the time he gets home he is exhausted, and then he watches TV and goes to bed. I am choosing to live my life from now on because I too get caught up in juggling school, work, and sports. All of my free time goes to sitting on my couch and watching TV. So I am giving up watching TV completely and finding other ways to live. I am pledging to have a little fun because I don’t want any regrets in my life. And I know we have all heard this phrase before, but I want to live my life to its fullest. So I am challenging my family as well as anyone who reads this to take some time out of your busy schedules to spent time with you family and friends. Go on a hike or play a board game. Just live your LIFE!