the different levels of love

Michael - Spokane Valley, Washington
Themes: love

I believe in Love. Just the word love can conjure up an infinite number of pictures. Each person has his or her own idea of love; the millionaire who is in love with his money, the teachers who love their job and the newborn child who has immediate love for his life and his mother. I have been lucky; my whole life has been filled with various forms of love.

I was raised by two loving parents, and each of them had parents that they truly love. This is the reason I am so family oriented. Everything I do is to improve my family life and or to help someone in my family. I stop and think about why I do this, and I believe my parents instilled this into me as a small child, and I am grateful for this. Every morning I wake up I am grateful for the health and prosperity of my family, both immediate and extended.

One of the greatest moments of my life was when my son, David, was born. I immediately knew why my dad did what he did. Once you have the pleasure of having a child, your outlook on life changes. The little, petty things in life do not seem to matter as much as they used to. Then you finally know why we were put here on earth. It isn’t to see who makes the most money or who has the most lavish luxuries. We are put here to love one another.

Once you meet that special someone and you are able to close your eyes and picture yourself with them till the end, you find another type of love. This is not quite as strong as the love you feel for your children, yet it is only slightly less. You would give up your very last breath for your family. You would walk to the end of the earth if it was needed. Nothing on this earth has such a strong pull on a person as knowing that someone you truly love needs your help or advice. This is why most people do what they do. Most times you do not even have to give a second thought to what needs to be done. You know what you need to do and we just do it. Why? Love is the reason and it is instilled from the very beginning to the very end of life. Once a person has given up on love, and I mean truly given up, they start to lose the drive to live.

So, the next time you hear someone talking about love, stop and think about all the different ways we, as people, can and do love. I guarantee that it will put a smile on your face and make the sun a little brighter, the birds chirping a little more peaceful and your day just a little better.