social outcast

victor - plano, Texas
Themes: setbacks

Social outcasts

I believe that now days everyone can be socially accepted in every day society. There is no person that has the right to blame the world or their parents or the rest for not understanding them because nowadays I find groups of people who are just as out of this world weird who could meet the needs of a person who feels left out. When I’m are walking through the halls in school or the streets and I see that strange person who dresses differently, in like big baggy jeans with chains, or with long hair covering there face or just simply looks like a weirdo and they don’t have any friends. Well, I truly believe, it is there own fault.

In today’s society there are millions of ways to get connected with people who understand each other and enjoy doing the same things. The truth is a social outcast who can’t find friends who would understand them, is not making the effort or attempt to talk to someone. Therefore, a social outcast cannot and does not have the right to blame the world for there troubles because the world isn’t going to know how they are feeling unless they speak up. I think its time for the people who feel like the world owes them an apology to step up and take the blame, to step up and stop feeling bad for themselves, to step up to the plate and say hey “maybe I don’t have any friends because I don’t try hard enough to make them, maybe nobody understands me because I don’t attempt to share my feelings with anyone, maybe I owe the world an apology for blaming them for my mistakes.”… Well what I’m trying to say is, any social outcast needs to quit blaming other people and take responsibility.

I knew of a guy who went to school with me a couple years back. He was always alone, never talked to anybody, never said a word. He never seemed to dress tacky or crappy. People had attempted to talk to him many times but he would just brush them of and told them to go away. His attitude continued throughout the year until I never saw him again. It turned out to be that he had committed suicide in his upstairs bathroom when his parents were finally asleep. He left a note saying that nobody understood him and that it was everyone’s fault. He made the ultimate choice to take his own life, and blamed everyone else. I believe people who chose to not get help need to stop blaming other for there own mistakes. I know because I was one of the persons who tried to talk to him.

What I’m trying to say is the following. A social outcast is a lonely person because the chose to be, they chose to live a life of misery because they isolate themselves from the comfort of help and love.