Sports is the Key to Friendship

Nicholas - St. Louis, Missouri
Themes: sports

I believe that since I play many sports on different teams, I make a lot more friends than I would have if I didn’t play sports. I believe that is because when I play sports I am around more people than I would if I didn’t play sports.

When I started playing sports on teams, I found out that I had met a countless number of kids and had made a ton of new friends. I believe that this is because when I join a new team I meet my teammates, and we become friends. Also, when I am on the field I become friends with the kids that are on the opposing team. A further reason why I know I had met a lot more people while playing sports is because every now and then my teammates would introduce me to other kids that they know and or have played on a team with. Now that I am older and have played on a numerous number of different teams, I have noticed that I have met loads of different people that I know I would not have known if I wasn’t on that team. I believe that if I keep playing sports on several teams, I will keep making more and more friends. Playing sports has helped me make additional friends and even when I switch teams I still stay in touch with my old friends.

When I leave sports teams to play for another team I always keep in touch with my old teammates and friends. This is especially true for my baseball teams. Just last year I switched baseball teams and I still keep in touch with all of my teammates, but I particularly keep in touch with a guy named J.J. J.J and I usually call each other or text each other on our phones. As well, I sometimes call him to have him come over to my house to play baseball or another sport. Every once in a while I will see him at a baseball tournament that we our both in and we chat there. I believe that since I play many sports, I meet friends that I will keep forever.

I truly believe that playing on sports teams has given me the opportunity to meet new people and make new friends. This is true because when I am on the field I meet many new kids.