Path of Life

Andrew - Plano, Texas

Path of Life

I believe that everyone paves their own path in life. I a have a choice to make and nobody can make that choice for me. Every individual is going to come to a point were he/she is going to make a choice whether it’s to eat that piece of chocolate cake or a life threating decision either one of these choices is going to have some effect on the life I live. Everyone has parents, grandparents, or someone who has influenced him/her and telling he/she what the best choice is to make, but at the end of the day it is still up to me and it is my choice to make. Even when I make the wrong choice and then I feel like the world is against me and I go on blaming everyone else and saying life isn’t fair, but when I really think about it it was me making the choice and I can still learn from my mistakes.

All through my life it was easy until I was around the age of sixteen years old around this time I had lots of friends and they were allowed to do things that I wasn’t such as, staying out a little later than I could, staying out several nights in a row. I started wanting to be able have more freedom and be more independent, but this didn’t sit well with my family, we were fighting a lot, I would come home to yelling and my dad telling me that I’m going to fail at life. everything was getting pretty bad and I ended up going out to a party and I had a drink or two and we were about to go back to my friends house so everyone jumped into my car and we headed back to Paul’s house with about five people in my car. I was driving headed down Legacy about to hit Alma when I was passing by a cop that had somebody pulled over and he just flashed his flash light into my car (I had my Brights on) to make a long story short I got pulled over for failure to dim lights and ended up getting arrested for a DUI. I was put on all sorts of thing from the court system, including community service, I had to pay and take all these classes, I ended up getting put on trail, and on top of that I had my parents to deal with. I was so fed up with everything that they had to say and I was really angry after awhile I started going back to church and it made me realize a couple of things. I started to notice that I got myself into this whole mess and the only way it’s going to get any better is if I accept that and learn from everything that I had been through.