Love is Powerful

amy - parker, Texas
Themes: love

I believe that love is powerful and is something that is very special to me. It helped me get through some rough times and allowed me to make the most out of the good. Love is something I have learned to share with my special someone who makes me happy and who I feel completely comfortable around.

When I was born my parents were the ones who showed me how to love and taught me how to care for someone by the way they raised me. As I grew up, I would always tell my mom “oh mommy I love this boy at school he is so nice,” and my mom would just say “Amy, you don’t know what love is yet.” I know now that love is never something that is thrown together, it takes time and patience before it truly comes together. I believe is it something that should never be taken for granted because it could be lost at anytime. Ever since I was young I have always dreamed of that fairy tale love, like Snow White and Cinderella where everything is always perfect, but I know love is not always perfect. The way their princes loved and care for them has always been something I have strived for. Love to me is should be like the icing on the relationship, the finished product.

The first time I saw him, I knew there was a connection, we were at a volleyball event and we both got to talking about volleyball and found out we both had a very strong passion for it. As the day went on we started talking and decided to go out that night. Over the past few months he has opened my eyes to a whole new way of life. He taught me to be patient and that even though things might not go my way at that particular moment it will happen sooner or later. The best part about our relationship is that we have so much fun together no matter what we are doing we are always laughing. The first time he met my family I was extremely nervous because my family’s opinions are very important to me. The second my grandparents met him they loved him and it made me very happy.

I feel Love represents a range of human emotions and experiences related to the senses of affection. I believe no matter what kind of difficulty I am in that special someone will always be there to and keep me get through it and support my decisions. It is a powerful feeling that can either make us happier or break our heart.