Believing In Friendship

Caroline - Plano, Texas

I believe in friendship. The love through a friendship can last a lifetime and never lets me down. A friendship is a bond between two bodies to make one soul. A friendship can save me in one of my hardest times and pick me up and put me back on my own two feet. It can give me the encouragement to do something or give advice that is needed.

I believe that having that one person or group of best friends can help me throughout school and the rest of my life. All of the moments, big and small, that I spend with that friend are what build up my memories for a lifetime. I believe that friendship is the one thing in life that I can always depend on for support or love and they will never break my heart. The friendship lasts a lifetime and never gets old.

The reason I believe in friendship is because of my six best friends. We made our own group in the tenth grade and called ourselves MR. KWCKT. It is all of the letters of our first names, Melissa, Rylee, Kathleen, Whitney, Caroline, Karina, and Tori. I’ve known these girls for majority of my life and they will always be my best friends no matter what happens. We spend a lot of our time together just hanging out of just talking about different things. We are always there for each other and can always give advice to each other about anything. We are all going our separate ways next year with me going to Alabama, Whitney going to Lubbock, Melissa and Rylee are going to UNT, Karina and Tori staying at Collin County College and Kathleen traveling for her dance career. We are all going our different ways but we will still remain friends forever. We didn’t become friends for all these years to just split up and never talk again after high school.

Friendship is a strong bond that is built with trust. I usually don’t trust people that easily but my best friends; I can fully put my trust into them. I have no regrets telling them about certain things, or how I feel because we can all trust each other. Everyone in the world should have this type of person to go to and confide in. Friendship is also about spending time together and never getting sick of each other. With my friends, I could spend day on end with them and never tell them to go home. Being a child I have grown up with these kinds of friendships all of my life. Sure, some of them come and go and I’ve lost some friends along the way, but the ones I found and can trust are the ones that will be by my side forever. I believe to live life without the experience of friendship is life without living.