The balance of happy and hard work

Chase - Richardson, Texas
Themes: pleasure, work

The balance of happy and hard work

Life is crap, life is depressing, life is unfair, and life is cruel. Learn to expect this, learn to predict it, learn to take it, and learn to overcome it. Failure is a constant success is temporary. To anticipate defeat is to be ready for an inevitable failure and surprised by success. That is life. But fun can still be had, and so can happiness. All a person has to do is find what amuses him, find what entertains him, and find what makes him happy. I believe I must find that special something that makes me happy and do it. I need to take what life throws at me, go home and enjoy myself. People get too caught up in their problems to relax and enjoy life. Enjoying life can be any little thing from watching one’s favorite TV show to extreme sports that feed an adrenaline junky need; it just has to make one happy.

Some people would say that this philosophy is flawed: “there is no time for fun,” or “you don’t get work done that way.” Maybe for some but it works for me and has never failed except when others ruin it for me. I am living proof that my methodology works. This is the way I approach school and school work and homework. I come to school, I do my work and do the best I can, and I go home and expect to be left alone to relieve some stress by destroying other players on Xbox live and laughing at their humiliating defeat by my hands. This world offers joy and amusement but some people see these opportunities as luxuries that they don’t have time for. These people look like normal people actual and whole, but inside there lays a dead decaying emotionless soul who has lost enthusiasm for life. Some scientists have found that some children born into sad depressing dysfunctional families are unable to smile and when asked to smile they have trouble forming the correct facial expressions. My family is an example of what people look like when they forget to have fun. Its amazingly depressing how sad and miserable my parents are and my sister is a rude, evil, cruel demon and rarely smiles unless she makes everyone else miserable. It’s hard to talk about these things but it is essential to proving my point. And it is the biggest contributing factor to the formation of my philosophy. It’s situations such as these that force some to search themselves and find out what matters the most to them. Pain and suffering emotional and physical are the most motivating forces to humans and drive individuals to move forward and survive.