Friendship

josh - plano, Texas

I believe in loyalty and courage in friendships. If one of my buddies is being a jerk, like trying to get back with his ex five minutes after they broke up, I need to have the courage to tell him he’s a jerk. If I call myself his friend I should be willing to tell him the truth it may hurt him but its better coming from me than anyone else. I would expect the same from my friends.

If my friends need my help, I will help them as much as I can. in whatever way I can. If they need a ride they just have to call me and I’m there. If there getting beat up I’ll protect them. If they’re sad, I’ll cheer them up, well at least try. Because when all is said and done, I can really only count on my family and friends.

I should have the courage to tell my friends the truth, even if it hurts them. It’s best if they hear it from me than anyone else. Because then they know I’m just telling them the truth. There’s no other reason behind it; I’m just trying to help him.

To me my friends are the most important thing. I could live without an ipod, I could live without internet, but I can’t live without friends. When I say friends I mean the people whom I have a deep connection to, the ones who I can look at and see that they are having a bad day, the ones who were there for all my best stories, the ones who know every joke or story I’ve ever told and yet they still like to hear them, the ones whom I would follow to the gates of Hell and dive headlong in to help them.

Thought I have never been in a situation where I had to do any of what I’ve said, I know that I would do it, for no other reasons than they’re my friends. And I would hope that they would do the same for me, or at least try.