iDrop Beatz Not Bombs

Manuel - Plano, Texas

I believe the way the melody flows through my veins keeps my heart pumping. My life is like 1 long song or a DJ putting together a mix that’s the length of life, different songs being played at different times that can relate how I’m feeling at the time. I believe that it isn’t money but music that makes the world go round 1 beat at a time, and God is the world’s only and greatest DJ! People write or compose songs to express their feelings and use them as a stress reliever.

I am 18 years old but have experienced some things in my life that would make me seem older. As a young adolescent I always had a feel for music, I would always play with instruments, starting with a little piano and then I moved to a drum set and now I DJ. I also got into making beats so now I use MIDI pianos and beat machines. When I’m in my studio composing beats, I tend to create depending on my mood at the time. If I’m feeling excited or “crunk,” I tend to make more up-tempo beats that will get somebody hyped, or if I’m feeling sad or depressed I’ll work on more mellow beats. As a young kid I was always into the rap genre and I started to rap because I would dream of being famous, I thought it was cool so as I progressed in life I would write in a notebook about my day, my dreams, my goals in life. The older I got the more I wrote and one day little by little I started to write poems, which later turned to raps and ever since then I’ve been composing songs of all kinds.

The most important song I’ve ever composed was a week after my grandmother passed away; she was the one who raised me as a young baby all until my first day of pre-school. The song that I composed was titled “Struggle” and the meaning of the title and song is that life is a struggle with people fighting everyday just to make it. Also being Hispanic, I still tend to be a victim of racism and discrimination. Even though people say that isn’t true, they truly don’t know because they aren’t going through it so basically in the song I’m letting people know how it feels to grow up in the slums, being discriminated against, losing a loved one and how I hope one day all the war and hate will stop.

We’re a long way from peace but until that day my heart will keep pumping to the rhythm of the beat trying to promote peace and happiness. My veins will over flow with the melody that keeps me going on the pathway to a very successful life. My goals in life will keep me motivated to have the rest of the world enjoying my creations and help their hearts pump also.