Good Things Come From Hard Work

John - St. Louis, Missouri

I believe that you should not give up on things just because it doesn’t come easily. In my life I have seen people just give up and walk away and that’s not the right thing to do. I believe that you should keep trying and if you keep trying you will eventually get it. An example is when you’re playing lacrosse and you drop the ball. You don’t just throw your stick on the ground; you should get back in the game and keep trying. If you are trying a sport and you give up the next day just because you’re not good at it then you will go nowhere in life. All of the good athletes didn’t get good at a sport just by trying it once; they got good at a sport by practicing it over and over again. Lacrosse is a sport were it takes years of practicing because you have to be able to cradle, throw, shoot, and run for a long period of time. So go out there and try a lot of sports and you will find one that works.

Another good example of my theme is homework. When you’re stuck on something for a homework assignment instead of giving up, try again. When you’re really stuck on it your first resort should be either your teacher or a parent so they can help you work it out. I remember when I was stuck on my math equations packet and I didn’t know what to do. I asked my mom for help and she couldn’t even help me; so I did all the problems that I could do and met with my teacher in the morning. After I met with my teacher I learned how to do all of those problems. Now I can do those problems correctly almost all of the time.

Don’t give up on something just because you’re not good at it. I live by this rule because you need to try new things instead of just doing the same things over and over again. It gets boring and believe me no one wants to do the same schedule, eat the same foods, and live their life the same way every day over and over again. You should always challenge yourself to try new things.