Helping Pays Off

Austin - St.Louis, Missouri

I believe that when you are caring and helpful to others, you will always benefit from it in the end. No matter how big the help you are doing for others, you will always get a reward. By helping others, they will always help others too or else they will receive a feeling of guilt. It’s sort of like dominoes. When one person helps another, the person being helped will start helping someone else.

America showed great kindness to its veterans after WWII. After WWII, many veterans were given bonus rewards to start a new life. The government created the G.I Bill, which gave veterans returning from war free education for college and loans to buy a house and start new businesses. The veterans also received a job to work for to earn money. This allowed the veterans to start new businesses and get married. America gained great benefit from this. The veterans’ ability to earn money sufficiently and start new companies boosted America’s economy. America was able to flourish after WWII. They were easily a superpower in the world, which helped America stop communism from spreading. America needed money to support not only themselves, but also other countries fighting communism. Thus, America was able to stop communism in some parts but not all the parts of the world. America used a way similar to what companies use to attract customers. The companies use discounts on their items to get more people to buy them. America gave veterans money so that the veterans can be able to help America in the future. Being caring and helpful to others has not only benefited America but also myself.

As I observed the crowd around me, my heart was filled with happiness. I knew that the sale was going to be a huge success. One by one people came in. There were huge lines everywhere extending from each table. Each of the customers, parents, and staff had smiles on their faces. As our earnings piled up, I realized that I was doing the right thing. I was helping people from all over Africa to live a better life. 100% of the earnings would go to organizations helping Africa. The organizations would do a variety of things. It would range from feeding peanut butter to babies to building a whole new village. I realized that the people supplying organizations were the ones who kept them running. Without our donations, they would never be able to their job thoroughly. By creating this sale, I knew that I did my part in keeping the world away from poverty. I knew that someday, at least one of the people I helped would help me in the future too. During that day, I received a feeling. A feeling that has enabled me to work for others in the future. A feeling of triumph and hope, that by helping people, no matter how big or small it is, more and more people will start to help others as well.