I Believe in Music

Martel - Magnolia, Arkansas

Notes, time signatures, and clefs are all parts of each and every song that was ever composed. I believe in music. The lark, also called the morning bird, graces people with its joyous tunes of daybreak. The nightingale, letting every fortunate person know that the light of day has gone and the darkness of night is here to reign, comforts people when they hear its voice.

I believe that the first song ever written was not by the hand of man, but from the throat of the birds. Then came along a man by the name of Guido D’Arezzo, who invented the treble and bass clef; from his influence, music began to be written as it is now. D’Arezzo created a way for a people to express themselves through song, for the young and the old, the weak and the strong.

Bach, Haydn, Beethoven, Martin, Bailey, and others made a way for society to exist with a beat raging in all hearts. They left a mark on the world that no one will be able to top. All of these men are my idols, musicians I hope one day to be just like. I believe through their influence, music of the present and future will be written to a magnificent extent.

Music is appealing for the mind. Writing music is not just an art but a gift. The great minds of the composers today write not only what they know, but what they feel. Music is a state of mind, which is easily acknowledged through song. While listening to Bach, Haydn, and Beethoven, one will find himself in a peaceful state of mind. The music flowing through one’s soul is phenomenal.

I believe that through time, music has changed. Through the centuries and beyond, human senses have heightened. The sense of music, therefore, has heightened, but how much change can music take? Sometimes I wonder if music will ever mean as much as it once did. Some people have violated the sanctity of music by recording provocative music; however, different people have different tastes in music. Each and every person on God’s green earth has his or her own beat, rhythm, and heart. As long as that prevails, music will keep changing and continue to get more interesting. I believe in music and the impact it has on people’s lives.