Animal Abuse

Logan - Leawood, Kansas

Animal Abuse

Have you ever thought of what an abused pet has gone through, or about an animal that has had to move somewhere else because people are building on their free land? Well I will tell you what I believe.

I believe that people should not treat animals inhumanely. People shouldn’t just throw an animal on the side of the road; you should take it to a shelter so it can be cared for. If you have an inside pet or any pet really, and you dump it on the side of the road, it will have to survive on its own. It will have to fight for its own food and shelter. Usually inside pets aren’t used to that, they usually get fed and are inside the whole time, so they might get eaten if they don’t know what to do. But if you take it to a shelter, instead of throwing it on the side of the road, it can be treated with care or be adopted by someone who will take care of it.

Also, the government needs to stop building unnecessary buildings on free land where animals might live. How would you like it if someone just came through and destroyed your home? Then you wouldn’t have anything but the shirt on of your back. You would have to move somewhere else and start a new life somewhere else. Then maybe that land will be torn down not too long after you go there and start a new life.

Back to my point earlier, people should not abuse their pets either by whipping them, or throwing stuff at them, or yelling at them. So when they do get adopted, they won’t be a good pet because they are scared of either a sack, or yelling, or a ball, or whatever they were abused with. Like I said, if you don’t want the pet anymore take it to a shelter so that pet can be adopted and be someone else’s pet, instead of lonely and on the road scared, or maybe even being dead.

Some people might be mistaken by a mean animal. Some people see a mean animal, and don’t buy that breed, and that breed won’t be bought. Just because the animal is mean does not mean that that whole breed is mean. That “mean” animal might have been abused in earlier life, and then taken to the shelter when you adopt it, it’s remembering the abuse in its childhood, then it turns “mean”.

So even though animals are animals, you still need to treat them with respect, like a human. Treat them as if you would like to be treated.