Brighter World

Emma - Rolling Meadows, Illinois

I believe that everything happens for a reason. The world is turning and we are all aspects of a greater being. I believe in God and Heaven, and I believe that the world is made better by good people. These good deeds are counteracted by those who create malice, but this cannot be avoided. We have free will, and some choose to use this freedom poorly. I believe that the reason for this is to teach compassion. Even when we are hurting and believe that all is wrong in the world, I believe that perhaps this has happened in order to keep us from even worse events. I believe that every lost car key, lost relationship, or other event that seems like a travesty prevented something like a car accident, manipulation attempt, or being struck by lightening. To keep us from things that could have happened had you been in the “right place” according to your plan. I believe we need to embrace the cards we are delt and do the best we can with everything we have. I believe that God will take care of my life and is looking over the things that happen for a reason. I believe that we can all make a difference in the world if we just believe and try. I believe that our children are our most precious resource and this world is becoming increasingly unfriendly to these prospects. Kids need to be tougher than ever to face a dead end job, college, the instilled belief that you need to make money no matter what and doind what you love means nothing. Children face a world where everyday they see horrors on the television, fighting in their homes, and poverty of their streets. I hworld is not safe for many people and that we are all stuck in the mud. I believe we can all learn from all the disappointments in life. We can take every interaction and learn to use it as strength, to find something within yourself and become that person you always wanted to be. We can all become those people, the best versions of ourselves. Not that we all must achieve this heightened state of being, I realize that full enlightenment is a lost cause, but I believe that if everyone tried, at least once a day to be a better person than the person they are now, that our world would be brighter. Our world could be full of happiness, compassion, humility, kindness, laughter, grace, chivalry, and love. This I believe.