My Lemon

Dat - Plano, Texas
Themes: love

My Lemon

My cousin always told me, “You should always do what you want, because those that matter don’t mind and those that mind don’t matter.” Basically she encouraged me to do whatever I wanted to do in life and disregard what other people think. They say when life gives you lemons, make lemonade. That means that with whatever life throws, hence the lemons, we should make the best out of everything and never give up. Even so with just lemons alone lemonade can not yet make lemonade. There as to be time and more materials, such as water, sugar, and ice and other products to create the cold lemonade. The saying attempts to tell us to make the best of life with what is given to us, but that takes more work.

Every night my friends and I would go to the gym and work out at night. One night there was this girl there that caught my eye. I looked her way and she smiled, glanced back and returned to her stretching. Robert asked me if I would spot him. I followed him and told him it would be better if he used the station on the end. He moved toward the bench, next to where that girl was stretching. She paused from her stretching and got up and hopped next to us and said hi to Robert. Robert replied with a hello and lay on the bench. I put the weights on for Robert and he began lift. She and I started talking and she asked if I would run with her later and I said not really, but she insisted, so I said sure. We kept talking and then heading upstairs to run on the treadmills, when I suddenly remember that Robert was still there benching. I ran back to Robert and helped him take the weight off him and caught back up with the girl. We jogged and ran, then walked and talked and got two miles done. After that we went back downstairs and she went to take a shower and she asked me if I would wait for her. While I waited for her, I joined Robert and a few friends and we placed a game of basketball. In the middle of the game she walked in to the court, wearing just a sports bra and a track jacket and leaned against the wall. I looked over at her in and when I shot the ball it did not go into the basket, it hit Robert in the back of the head. She walked over to me and asked me if I wanted to leave early and go out to eat dinner with her. I walked off the court with her and she leaned over and grabbed my hand and we left the gym. I guess you can say she is my lemon now.