Freedom isnt Free

Carolyne - wylie/tx/75098, Texas
Themes: freedom, question

I believe to have freedom I have to accomplish it on my own. In America the people had to fight for their freedom. They fought about slavery, and that was one of the bloodiest battles that America ever had. Freedom is one of the most important things worth fighting for. Anything starting with having a boyfriend or a girlfriend to gangs, drug and alcohol and even friends are all some of the reasons to either fight or not to fight for freedom. Most of these things weren’t going to get me anywhere in the future. But on the other hand some of these things took my breath away. Most people take freedom for granted but some of these things are some of these things I shouldn’t have taken for granted. When fighting for freedom there has to be a reason to push me so far to surpass my limit. But fighting for what I wanted was the best interpersonal war I could have ever been in.

When I was young, I was caught in many bad situations. I grew up in a good household but I still felt like something was missing. I felt like I needed my freedom but little did I know trying to accomplish that freedom would get me in horrible trouble. I was going out with someone who was too old for a 15 year old child. He was caught up in of drugs and as a girlfriend I ended up following in his footsteps. That was the freedom at that time I thought I wanted. But worrying about am I going to get caught or am I going to die from doing this wasn’t a good feeling. I wasn’t only scared for my life but I had to find a way out. But in the end I ended up having one of the worst childhoods that I could ever imagine. Not having that first relationship where everything was play and having to grow up so fast and starting being an adult at such a young age really hurts. I wish I had listened to my elders who told me to take my time that would fly by so fast.

As a child, wanting to be independent is a very normal thing but once I hit that stage that I just couldn’t grown up any more I felt like I have hit rock bottom. The only person that could have helped me was myself and no one else. So as a child I had to learn the hard way. I couldn’t take the easy way out and just waite for my time to come and grow up on my own.