Expectations of life

Christopher - Plano, Texas

I believe that life should follow a natural flow. You should let things happen as you believe your destiny is making them happen. If something is happening that seems like it was put there for a reason then let it happen, because all things happen for a reason. If there is something in your way, move it. everything will eventually come to an end as time moves on and you can continue on with your life, to fulfill your destiny.

When I was younger my father would say, “Even this will pass.” By this he meant that everything must end, whether good or bad. He taught me to never discriminate and to always look for the good and learn from my mistakes. When I am retiring and look back on my life, do I want to look at it in the negative aspect, living in fear all my life, or in the positive, and can say that I did it all no matter the risk. There are many things I have been through in my life, and I have had to learn to deal with them in my own account. There have been people there to listen to me like my family and my friends, but the only ones who actually matter are my family because they will always be there. I have lived in all walks of life, in a rich home, a middle class home, almost on the streets, and I have lived in a homeless shelter, so I know what it’s like to be at rock bottom looking up with hope. I know that everything will eventually come to pass no matter how bad things get, which is why I take life with a grain of salt. For example, all the people who have to work every day of their life just to maintain a place to live, or people who are on the street needing a place to go, they have hit the bottom, and understand what it’s like on their side, but don’t understand what it’s like on the upper end of the social ladder.

There are many people out there who get to the bottom and think that there is no way out of the predicament that they are in and have the ideology that it will stay that way forever, but it will eventually pass. Everything will pass and in the end, I have the decision whether I want to make it better, or keep complaining about the place I am in. In the end, it will all come down to whether or not I would like to better my life and shape and mold to it become my dream, or let the world take hold of it and decide for me.