Time is of The Essence

Mark - Plano, Texas

Time is of The Essence

I believe in my future, my fate, and my ability to determine and shape it. Every day, I do things that help to get my life going and keep it on the path that I want that will lead to the future that I desire. Although I am supposed to be a junior in high-school, I am enrolled in senior classes and have taken the required junior classes online. I have done this so that at the end of this school year, I will be able to finish my education at the high-school level, taking me only three years instead of the average four. I believe in bringing my future to me instead of waiting around and wasting time. I believe in efficiency and in doing things that matter and doing them because they count and because they have an effect on my life and my fate. If something is important to me and has meaning and significance, but isn’t efficient the way it’s currently being done, then I will do it my own way and do it efficiently. I believe this and do things this way because to me time is a very important tool in life and should be taken advantage of. I believe that it is pointless and ridiculous wasting time doing something the average way because everyone else is doing it that way when instead I can do it more efficiently my own way.

The reason I feel this way is because one of my goals is for me to be the master of my time, and not for time to master me. People who don’t feel this way make no sense to me. They do pointless things and waste tons of time not getting anything accomplished. These people are completely inconsiderate by not only wasting their own time, bringing them down and reducing not only their efficiency but also everyone around them that they come into contact with. Not only do these people not care about themselves, which is bad enough, they have no significant regard to the people around them. I consider this sort of disregard to be disrespect, and these types of people offend me because not only do they not care or have respect for themselves but they also are completely oblivious and ignorant to everything and everyone around them.

I not only believe this about time management and how important it is, but I live my life by these standards and expectations every day. This not only applies for me graduating early, because directly after that I definitely won’t be wasting time in any way. Although I don’t exactly know what I’ll be doing, be it college or the military, I can guarantee that this point-of-view about how important time is, won’t just go away; instead, it will stay with me and direct me through the rest of my life.