Work Stinks

Valentin - Plano, Texas
Themes: pleasure

Work Stinks

I believe that work should not take up more than a little of your life. If I work life away then I will never really have a life. I believe relaxing and having fun should be top priority to a person, work should still be done but it should not be the most important thing in my life. I believe people should make time for their family and other things. Sleep is pretty important too, but work does need to be done so that a person does not become completely lazy and die early from some health related disease. I believe work should be used to fund fun. Work causes stress and high blood pressure so relaxing and having fun is also better for the body. What will be the most valuable memories of my life by the time I am one hundred? Will it be that night they made me stay late at the office to finish a presentation that i have been working on for a few months, or will it be of a fun time I had with my loved ones or a time I went on vacation in the alps? In the movie Click the main character is a workaholic who wants to have the best stuff for his family, but he does not have time to relax or to spend time with his family. He finds a magical TV remote that allows him to speed up or skip segments of his life so that he can skip ahead the to the parts where he has time. But as he moves through life he finds out that he spent all his life working and trying to get promotions, his wife divorces him, and the stress of his life has caused him to eat more causing him to develop a heart condition that almost kills him. In the end he regrets working so much instead of spending time with his family or relaxing. Luckily he gets another chance at living his life so that he can do it right. This is my personal philosophy because on a daily basis I am subjected to work that I don’t enjoy. When I return home from school I may have to go to work that day, but if I don’t my father will probably take me to assist him at his job or maybe he may have me do some chore around the house that takes over two hours. When I leave school I always fear that I may be subjected to irritating tasks. I feel like I don’t get enough time in my life to just relax and have fun. I find that when I do work I am unhappy but when I just chill my morale gets way better and I feel good.