The Order of Chaos

Eric - plano, Texas

The Order of Chaos

I believe that chaos in all of its many forms helps ensure public services are kept at par, economical progression occurs, industrial advancements are made, technological improvements are made, philosophical and educational standards at maintained, as well as allow for a distinction between the good and the evil.

What is the purpose of a police department if there is no crime, no accidents, no need for anyone to feel threatened, no form of chaos and disorder? The chaos seen in the streets of low income government housing is the chaos that demands a police department as well as a government that can help suppress the tide of violence and crime. Drug abuse is as common as the air we breathe and without the government, the police department, and other agencies, drug abuse would be a pandemic of unstoppable proportions. Without the police and the government my father would be a free man, still hurting those around him for drug money. As the drug issue grows, the police are trained harder in order to stop the problem. The chaos caused by drug use gives the world reason to improve their standards for public safety. If drugs had not been viewed as a problem, many people, including my mother and I, would have just quietly die due to drug use and the violent actions of others due to drug use.

Why have a government to keep social order if there are never any disturbances, never any social disagreements, never any form of chaos or disorder? The primary responsibilities of a government of any kind are to ensure the safety of the population as well as to maintain order within the boundaries of the nation being governed. Nations need governing bodies due to a simple flaw in human nature: disagreements. Disagreements due to religious values or beliefs, property, moral standpoints and many other things make is near impossible for one person to get along with every other human on the planet. The purpose of a government is to ensure that if one person disagrees with another their dispute can be handled and solved without resorting to such drastic measures as a fight to the death. The chaos seen in a dispute going to far provides a reason for a governing body to exist to rule over a nation. If not for such a governing body my father would have killed people he had disputes with. If not for the laws set by the government I would have also done something I would later regret just to win a dispute.

My family said that chaos was always bad yet even God allows chaos. It benefits the world by demanding improvement and change for the better as well as bring down the strongest of creations when the time is right. Chaos causes new life and gives way to change and improvement. Chaos allows progression. Chaos demands order.