always believe in second chances

Johnny - leawood, Kansas

I have gone though some tough times when I was a little kid. And yet, I still got through those times, somehow. Most of the time I get grounded or something. I believe in second chances.

When I was little, I would always get in trouble and my parents would always yell at me (Compound-Complex). Out of all those horrible things I did, only two things stick in my mind.

One was when I was about four years old. Back then, I was a little trouble maker and I never did like following rules. Over the summer that year, my little sister, Lindsey was drawing; back then she still could draw very well for her atge. She went around showing everybody how well she drew a picture of Barney and his two friends.

Everybody thought it was a good drawing and everybody loved the drawing (Compound). But one day, I just decided to tear it up, not trying to be mean, not trying to be selfish, I just tore it up. Ten minutes later I heard my little sister crying her eyes out because she saw her drawing torn up. My mom held up the taped picture and asked everybody “who did this?” Lindsey was crying right beside my mom. Then everybody looked (Simple) at the drawing and my mom asked, “Who did this, one of you three must have done this?!” Everybody including me said, “Nope, wasn’t me.”

My mom was getting really frustrated and sent all three of us to sit on the couch in the living room until the person who did this told her that they did it. After about two hours, I couldn’t take it even one second more, and just got up and told the truth. My mom started yelling at me and she was not pleased that I told her that I did it. I was old enough to know if I started crying right now, I would get yelled at some more. Right then and there, I lost my little sisters’, and my moms’ trust. I did not know that I would not get talked to from my little sister. So about a week later I walked to my mom and said “I’m sorry, will you please forgive me?” My mom looked up, saw me actually meaning it, and smiled and said, “yes I will, but Lindsey will also need to forgive you.” So then I walked downstairs where my little sister was playing and she looked at me from across the room and I looked at her and I said, “I’m sorry, will you forgive me?” She smiled and was hopping on a bouncy ball and said, “Yes, want to play with me?”

That was one of the worst things that I did and that has ever happened to me (Complex). A lot of the things I did back then were bad, but the other ones were even worse and a lot more painful. But eventually, you’ll be able to get what ever you lost back.