I Believe that People are really good at heart

Anna Claire - 66211, Kansas

“Everyone has inside of him a piece of good news. The good news is that you don’t know how great you can be! How much you can love! What you can accomplish! And what your potential is!” “In spite of everything I still believe that people are really good at heart.” ~ Anne Frank

I believe that there is goodness inside everyone though you have to look deep to find it. Even though people can be deceiving at first, I believe that they have goodness. For example, my parents tell my brothers and I to help and pray for people in need and for those who can’t “find” their souls. Or another example would be doing something so kind that the person was deeply touched and was willing to give back. Sometimes people need a second chance to correct their mistakes and restart.

I believe that people, who are judged too many times, start losing their confidence in themselves and in others too. I believe that being open to those in need helps repair the damage done by those who have judged. Some examples are: cheering someone up when they were down because someone was or maybe still is mean to them. I had a personal experience like that happen to me. I was at Cameron’s baseball game and a couple of older guys came over by the bleachers where I was; well, I didn’t do anything and they just beat me up with nasty and unkind words. After the game was over, I tried to forget about that whole bogus scene but it made me feel pretty cruddy and I never really went to any of my brother’s games again without my sister.

I had several experiences that hurt me in my heart. And in a way, it sort of scarred me. I never knew that I had the potential to win the NHD paper category or win DAR essay last year in 6th grade. If I listened to what other people had said about me and became negative, I would have never done so well.

I believe having a positive attitude; not paying attention to people’s rude and unnecessary comments about me helped me overcome the tough obstacle of life so far. I had so many friends who told me don’t listen to other people’s opinions about you.

I believe that everywhere you go, there will be people we won’t like there are also those who try to help improve world and the people in it step by step. Even though I have already met unkind people, I have noticed that they are trying to improve and not judge. I am proud of the people who want to change. I am still learning to stop judging others.

I believe that you can find goodness in other people if you just look deep down. And all those people trying to improve, are changing the world step, by step.