Live Life to the Fullest

Kayla - Tipton, Indiana
Themes: carpe diem

I believe in living each day like it could possibly be your last. Live each day like you might not be around to live another one. You never know when your life is going to be over. It could be a short life or a long life. No one really knows how long he or she is going to survive. I believe this is something everyone should think about even if they don’t like to think about death.

Some people may think about this as they are driving and wondering if they might possibly get in an accident. Or someone with cancer or any life threatening disease could be thinking have they lived their life to the fullest and if not how should they. At any point in your day you could be thinking the same thing. Is my life going to end today or the next? If so, even if you don’t know for sure, is this the condition you want it to end in or do you want a better one?

I don’t necessarily think about dying every second of the day, but occasionally I will. As I am driving down the road I think to my self, what if I was to get in an accident right now and die, would my family know how much I love them. Would they remember me as the person who sometimes started arguments and was sometimes fighting with them? Or would they remember me as the person who was always nice and sweet? Everyday when I leave for school or leave the house in general I always make sure I tell my family that I love them because I never know if it will be the last time that I will be able to tell them.

When I first started driving I was really scared. As I began to drive I thought about all those moving cars around me and how there are always accidents happening. I was utterly horrified. Every time I got behind the wheel I knew that there was a chance that I might not make it to my destination. But as I was learning there was always someone in the car with me so I wasn’t as afraid. The first day of school this year was the first time I had driven by myself. I remember that day vividly. I was so scared and didn’t want to drive by myself. I knew I was a good driver but I wasn’t so sure about everybody else. As I was driving I kept thinking about my life and what would happen if it ended now.

Think about living each day to its fullest as you are going through your day to day life. Think about how you treat your family and friends. Don’t let them remember you in a negative way but rather in a positive way. Live your life day by day and moment by moment.