It’s only a Mountain

Elyssa - Madawaska, Maine

I believe a real friend is one who walks in when the rest of the world walks out. I have encountered some hard times with friends, but the friends that are there for me when no one else is, are my true friends.

It doesn’t matter what you say or what you do there will always be people that have something negative to say. As I walk through the halls of high school, there are always people are that are going to be mean and cruel. I have learned that it doesn’t matter what other people say or what other people do, I can’t stop living my own life. Friends will fight and they will hurt me, and sometimes I might hurt them, but it’s what you learn and gain from it that changes everything.

When I was going through a tough time with friends, another friend was there always there for me. Now we have been friends for about a year and I have come to realize so much. If I am climbing a mountain and I stop when it gets tough I am not going to reach the best part, I need to keep climbing to get the best out of everything I can.

I think it was that wonderful friend that showed me that if I live everyday worrying about what people are saying, one day I am going to realize that the funnest time of my life is over. High school is supposed to be the best time of my life and for me I have come to know that people are going to say things and people may not like me, but if I live for them, I am going to regret the person I’ve become. I have come to know that it doesn’t matter how many tears I cry, people will still hurt me. Learning this I now know that laughing and enjoying everything else in my life is enough to keep me strong.

I now know that if I want to dance, I dance; and if I want to be crazy, I can act crazy, because I am not going to stop living just because other people make jokes and laugh. The best memories in my life are the ones that I enjoy the most.

I live everyday like it’s my last, I live everyday to its fullest, I live everyday the best way I can. I live it for me!