Addiction

griffin - 02026, Massachusetts

Addiction by definition is the state of being enslaved to a habit or practice or to something that is psychologically or physically habit-forming, as narcotics, to such an extent that its cessation causes severe trauma. To me addiction is a feeling towards something that I love. Whether it be my family,money, my girlfriend, or even myself sometimes. I am truly addicted to these things and I don’t see it as something that is causing severe trauma. When you truly love something or someone, you develop a relationship with this thing or person. This list of my “addictions” is what makes me who I am today.

I am addicted to my family because they make me feel comfortable with their support for me and the love that they show me. I need this support, this love, and the feelings that we share together. I thrive from these feelings and without this addiction I would be empty

I am addicted to money in all form. I’m addicted to its color, its texture, how I make it, and how I use it. I love how it smells and I love the way how it is all mine and I can do as I please with it. I’m addicted to my dreams of how I will make lots of it.

I’m addicted to my girlfriend because there is not a day that goes by when I don’t feel like I must see her. I’m addicted to her smile, her smell, and the way she looks at me. I’m addicted to the love we share , in the rarest form,true love. I’m addicted to the way she is always there for me no matter what. And I’m addicted to how she continues to push me for greatness. I’m addicted to laugh, and her tears. And I’m addicted to some things I wont mention in this essay

I’m addicted to me. I’m addicted to how I think, and how I feel. I’m addicted to waking up every morning. I’m addicted to me being grateful for the hand I was dealt. I’m “high” on life, I mean I’m absolutely wasted. I love breathing. And I love everything in the world. I’m addicted to being a person, and I’m addicted to expanding my horizons.

Now you tell me why would I ever be “addicted” to anything else.