Unknowing

Len - san antonio, Texas
Age Group: 65+
Themes: question

UNKNOWING

This I believe:

It is impossible for me to KNOW anything. All my knowledge is filtered by my history through my DNA & life experiences. My life experiences consist at least in part of diseases, accidents, surprises and fun. The environments in which I have lived and learned are in memory, and though a good education is probably the thinnest of filters, it remains a sifter also.

I feel love, anger, awe, protectiveness, sadness, exhilaration, etc. I observe overwhelming beauty, unbearable horridness and dull apathy. Yet, I work at what my best calculations tell me will produce appropriate consequences for those I love, for myself and the public. These projects come with a passion I cannot explain, because it is hard to judge anything without questioning my reasoning and my insight.

I know nothing; yet I must live as though I do in order to be a creative and positive in an attempt to prevent some chaos, promote some peace and generate some happiness.

I trust those who doubt more than I trust those with an answer. I would like to think I’m in good company in my skepticism. I cannot know anything. This I believe.