This I believe

Jillian - Phoenix, Arizona

This I believe

I believe in the power of a hug. A hug shows that you are going to be there for a person no matter what. When you receive a true hug the warmth you feel being transferred is an overwhelming experience; the memory of that hug last forever in your heart. A hug is a symbol of passion between two friends. When your friend dashes up to you and gives you a bear hug, the vehemence between the two of you pours out like a waterfall. A hug is effortless, yet, means so much. It can change a friend’s day from horrible to remarkable. A hug is the simplest form of I love you. When you are at your lowest point and words are not enough, the embrace of a hug can replace the words that cannot be spoken.

I can only think of one moment when I have ever felt the warmth of a true hug. I was at rock bottom and felt like the world was coming down on me. All I needed was a shoulder to cry on and a friend to say everything was going to be all right. When I called my friend saying I had to talk to her, came rushing over to my house and sat down right next to me. As I started to vent, words and tears were pouring out of me. My friend got up and gave me the most compassionate hug in the world. Thinking it was just an average hug, I began to loosen my embrace but she would not let go. It was then I felt the power of true hug and I began to cry in her arms. At that very moment I thought to myself, “Everything will be alright.”With that support, the pain I was feeling disappeared when the hug was over. I walked away with a smile on my face; that moment was like when the sun comes out after a storm. Anytime I see my friend I cannot wait to receive a hug from her, because it reminded me of the first time I beyond doubt discovered the importance of a hug. I only hope that one day I can do the same for someone else in need.