Time Truly Does Heal Everything

Tiana - Phoenix, Arizona
Themes: change

I believe time heals everything. Cliché? Yes. My philosophy? Yes. Throughout my long life of eighteen years I have found comfort in the fact that time truly does heal everything. Whether it’s family, friends, sports, school, embarrassing moments, life carries on with or without you, so might as well get over it.

The first pains I can ever recall are physical wounds. Growing up I’ve endured through numerous injuries; sprains, tears, cuts, bruises, and contusions. The moment pain is inflicted I want to die, but after awhile the throbbing lessens as I begin to heal. I am left with battle scars that remind me of the pain and how I made it through. Time heals every wound.

Heartbreak is inevitable. You will always find some conflict concerning family and friends. You will feud with parents, get grounded, or get denied something you really want. As time passes, forgiveness is given, relationships rekindle as if a problem had never occurred. Boyfriends and girlfriends will come and go. Some will be harder to let go than others, but like I said, after awhile, the heart will beat strong again. Time heals every heartbreak.

Luckily, I’ve only witnessed one funeral in my life. My cousin, selfless, young, brave, died fighting in Iraq. It was extremely hard on my family, but the depression passed over time. As the years went on, my cousin’s death wasn’t miserably cried over, but proudly remembered. Time heals everything. Time heals every loss.

I’ve truly been embarrassed only twice in my life. I think because I was SO embarrassed that nothing will ever compare or even come close to what happened to me. I got over what happened and am thankful for those experiences because now I am totally impermeable to embarrassment. Thinking back on the memories I laugh, but when they occurred I wanted to move states. Time heals every time you’ve blushed.

At times in my life, I have felt so heartbroken I did not think life would ever be joyful again. I’ve had nauseating feelings, sharp heart pain, unwavering tears, and hope the sun wouldn’t rise again. It’s only human to experience feelings of depression, but I know through my experiences that within time I will conquer my inner feelings to achieve total happiness once again. I find comfort, and truly believe that time heals everything, no matter how severe the case.