My Belief about Love

Taryn - Plano, Texas
Themes: love

I believe love is supposed to be a special, sacred feeling that cannot just be given to everyone. It has many forms that can fit into a large scale of things: love in friendship, brother or sisterly love, love for parents, or even love for pets or possessions. But the most powerful kind of love is the special love for a person to spend the rest of my life with.

Love is not to be judged by ethnicity or gender. It is not to be misused or taken advantage of. Rushing love is equivalent to throwing life away without listening to the heart. Love would find its place within my heart in time which explains why people never feel the true feeling and fade away from each others lives. When that time had come, I had found what I believe to be the love of my life. Love is the unconditional commitment to that significant other no matter what the condition.

Love is the feeling that no matter what happens between family, friends or loved ones, it can find a way to overcome to odds and find a way to forgive them. In my story, my boyfriend and I have been though much that people in high school normally wouldn’t face until they’re in their twenties or maybe even already married. We’ve dealt with living with each other; we’ve fought over stupid things and gotten over it. We’ve even proved to our own families that being together has not only made us better people, but we have understood just how important it is to choose whom we wish to spend the rest of your lives with and what love should truly feel like. With us, love is the feeling that we’re happy to be there for the other. Happy to talk to one another and if the other is upset, somehow, we knew. He had a slight mental disorder, I had a skin disease, and both of us were upset with our problems because throughout our lives in school, we have been made fun of for our problems. However, but we looked past all of that to the true feelings we had for each other. We were not only best friends, but we were a couple that was willing to do anything for each other if needed.

The reason I write about love isn’t because I think it’s glittery and cute. I write about love because I truly believe that love helps shape who I are as a person, and if I were unloved by the world, there’s always those few people in my life that care about my well-being. I believe because without those people that I love or who love me, I wouldn’t be the person I am now. Love has a profound effect on me, others and everything that revolves around people’s lives.