The Greatest Gift Is Love

Tyler - Tipton, Indiana
Themes: love

I believe that the greatest gift one can give is love.

If love was a gift that could be put under the Christmas tree, it would be the big one, off to the side a little tempting a young child with its shiny ribbons and mystery.

Shiny ribbons and mystery, usually when you get down to it, there is more mystery than shiny ribbons. If love could be easily explained, it wouldn’t be so special.

Unfortunately, some people are afraid to open their gift. They have become frightened because they saw that the person who had previously opened his own gift got a surprise no more pleasant than gonorrhea.

I have, on occasion, heard the term ‘unconditional love.’ The word ‘unconditional’ is not needed. It should be assumed with the root word. If love has conditions, then it is not really love, it would be better described as infatuation. Infatuation is like lightning. You see the light for a second, and then it’s gone. It usually pops up in another place, but like its predecessors, it is soon gone. Love, on the other hand, is like the sun. The light is always there. It may be covered with clouds or seem to be hiding, but it always there, always shining brightly, and eventually it reaches you with warmth.

Love is the strongest of emotions. Although hate can cause people to take stronger action, love, in its purest form, overpowers hate.

Although a gift should be given without expect for anything in return, it is the kind of gift that should be paid forward, from God to me, to you, to the next person, and so on.