Never Hold Down Get Back Up

Douglas - Tacoma, Washington

I believe in mankind, everything is just a equal matter in conflicts, and happy endings. I believe in every matter of a human, there is a road that is ahead of them, ready to play a rough game. I believe, by playing by the rules, you can succeed in life, just as same winning a basketball game.

It was a cold december, on a Tuesday evening, in Sangton Korea. As I opened my ugly door, I walked in and checked my missed calls on my cell phone, or my missed text messages. The usual thing is no one ever calls or text me that much, but this was one hell of a call.

I had a insight of it, probably being one of my ex-girlfriends making fun of me, but it wasn’t. It was a girl name Tonya, a skinny, but delightful girl that is usually nice, because I am her brother’s best friend. Well Tonya ends up telling me that, my friend John died. After I heard that, I couldn’t believe a word she said. So I end up walking too her house thinking this was a joke, but that was a bad mistake.

As I walked too the front door, I saw Tonya, and could see into her mystic eyes, that she was very serious. Too make sure, I asked her mother, if it was a true situation. In John’s mother said in her words,” Douglas, I am afraid John died, I am so sorry Douglas, now go run home and ocme back in few days.” After she said that, I gave a weird glare at Tonya, while i was walking north towards my house.

When I was walking, near the old house complexes, near the markets, I was just distinguised that, it was true. In my hard mind, I was just shocked and very depressed. It was around 9:30 P.M., I was laying on the roof of my apartment complex thinking what should I do.

I told my friends about and they knew how he died. It was a devious person who destoryed my life, and i will never give up too find this criminal. It has been so many months, looking for this man who killed my best friend. It was considered in a Korean gangster goal, killing someone to reputate someones clan. Well, I end up meeting him face too face. I was very scared, and I was about to run, but I knew this is the man who ruined my life.

I looked into his blazing eyes, and said this in korean,” So your the person who killed my friend I guess. Well I will avenge my friend’s death.” So this guy was around his early 20’s, but I started fighting him, and beating him. I was repeatly saying bad words, but didn’t stop hiting him in the face. My friend Josh, tried to hold me back, and someone called the police to keep us down. The man was feared, too see my despite of madness, in my blazing eyes.

Well I went to the station, and asked, why did you do it, and he said, I’m sorry, in my life, I have to follow orders, to get what I desired. I realized he was poor, and his family was in need of him. So I told him,” I’m sorry for hiting you, and I understand, but if i ever catch you again, killing one of my friends, i will hunt you down.

Well I’m not going to say his name, but this young man spent a long time in jail, and he regreted what he did, and regarded troubles in prison.

I believe, I must never judge anyones cover, because something can come up and snap. My friend John will always be remembered, and I love him, I wish i could tell him but its too late. This story or event changed my life, by the words this stranger told me, I began to understand what life is about. I believe, in a life situation, never let you guard down, because that choice can lead too a good road or a bad road.