I Believe in Flip Flops

Joni - Tipton, Indiana

I Believe in Flip Flops

I believe in flip flops. Flip flops represent movement and mobility. I believe that people should come out of their comfort zones to meet new people and experience new things. Last summer, I had an opportunity to visit Casa Bernabe, Guatemala. I went with my church for a missions trip. I was in Guatemala for ten days and while I was there I was able to take care of and love little orphans who do not get very much love and attention. I was encouraged to come out of my comfort zone into a completely different world with completely different people. I would not trade that experience for anything though. Being moved into a different environment taught me so much about myself and helped me grow exponentially as a person.

Flip flops come in a variety of colors and styles, just like there are different colors and types of people. No two people are alike and even flip flops that may look identical have little differences that make them unique. These differences are what make the shoe fit just perfectly. The same goes with people. Without the uniqueness and differences of each person, people would not get along with each other very well and life would become very boring. It is our differences that make us who we are. The different styles and colors of each pair of flip flops make them appealing to people just as each person’s unique qualities and personalities make them appealing to other people.

Flip flops provide support and comfort to those who are wearing them. I believe that friends, family, and the people around us should provide the support that we need each day. When things may not being going so well, each person should have that special someone who they can lean on and go to for that support and comfort. The people that are held dearest to us are usually the ones that will provide us with that love and support that is vital to getting through life. Without the support of something on our foot, our feet would get cut up and blistered. Without someone to love and support us, we would get cut up and blistered from the everyday challenges that we face. Our friends and family act as our “flip flops.” They comfort us and support us with everything that we go through on our walk of life.