I believe in….belief.

Scott - Tipton, Indiana
Themes: hope

I thought I could stay away from it. I thought it would be too obvious, too incredibly unneeded that I would forever regret writing it. I can’t get it out of my head, though. This is what I have to write. I believe in…..belief.

This should be such a simple topic. Maybe it’s a little redundant. Belief is the core of some of the world’s biggest problems. Well, that’s what you’d think, but I’m here to say that religion is that center. Belief is the best thing humans have.

I’m not necessarily talking about the religious aspect of belief, although that is an important thing, too. I’m talking about the few things that we can’t explain needing an explanation. To each his own definition, but I also believe that belief should be based in fact. The BIGGEST problem I see in the world is blind, uncompromising faith. Sometimes disagreements happen, but if facts were used to back up the faith, fewer would question the faith. I’m of the opinion that everything in the entire universe can be explained. Not necessarily understood, but explained. I want to understand everything. I want to be able to do things that none other can do. My belief goes well beyond the normal and so called ‘real’. That’s not my point here, though. My point is that everyone must believe something. It doesn’t matter if it’s small or large, truth or lie. Belief is what leads to creation. Creation is what leads to improvement. Improvement is what leads to the next belief.