What Goes Around, Comes Around.

Jessica - Camino, California

What Goes Around, Comes Around.

I strongly believe in karma. What goes around comes around. What you do to others, will be done to you. Karma is completely fair and just. I do not believe in voodoo dolls, witch craft, spells or things like that… but karma is fact.

I have solid proof in my life that karma is so real it is nearly tangible. Approximately six years ago, when I was just out of high school and living my life very selfishly, I met this guy. His name was Brandon. He was amazing, fun, smart, and sweet. This almost indescribably awesome guy was my best friend’s boyfriend.

The three of us were like three peas in a pod. Even when Lacy had to work, Brandon and I would hangout and wait for her shift to end. One night Brandon and I decided to go go-cart racing while waiting for Lacy. That evening things started to get cozy.

We were always comfortable around each other, but this was different. Things started getting touchy and too friendly. New feelings arose for both of us. I hoped we could just ignore them, but we agreed if we were both feeling the same thing, that it must be true love and that we had to tell Lacy. I had never hurt Lacy before, but figured we had no choice.

Soon a relationship between Brandon and I began. It seemed perfect and my friendship with Lacy healed quickly. Brandon and I spent all of our time together and began talking about making things serious and “forever” possibilities. My family really liked him as he did them.

During this time my sister Ashley was going though a tough time. She was dealing with failing school and using drugs. She was cutting class and getting into trouble. Brandon and I decided we wanted to help her. We spent all the time we could with her and formed the new pea pod. When I couldn’t be with Ash, Brandon would. This is where karma got me… Brandon ended “us.”

The following day, Brandon called. I was so excited and I was praying that he wanted me back. All he wanted was Ashley’s phone number. He explained that his reason for ending things was because he and Ashley had developed feelings for each other. This was the most painful stab in the back of my life!

Ashley and Brandon began dating. It was so painful for me, and I could not cut him out of my life. I saw him at all our family functions… holding her hand! I really believe this was karma. This was my lesson to be learned. Had I never broken up my best friend’s relationship none of this would have ever happened. I hurt my dearest friend and myself. This is a prime and first hand example of karma and “what goes around comes around.” If this example is not proof enough, you must be like me. You must be the type who must learn their own lessons. Just know that karma is just and what you do to others, with come back to you.