There is a God of Love.

Alyssa - Marriottsville, Maryland

I believe in a God of love. I thought about simply leaving that statement “I believe in a God.” but the problem is the connotation that goes along with that controversial word, “god.” Many hear the word “god” and immediately think disapproving, rigid, distant, condemnation. To these people, God is waiting and watching for us to screw up. He is looking for people that are happy and having a good time and telling them to stop. That is not the God I believe in. The God I know and love truly cares about the world he made and the people in it. He gave us everything we need and all the resources to make us content. But because he gave us the gift of free will, he left it up to us how we would use those resources. So many people don’t understand how there could be a loving God who allows so much suffering in the world. But what we need to realize is that we are the ones that have screwed everything up. Human suffering causes God just as much, if not, more despair as it does the rest of us. God put enough resources in this world to feed and clothe every person, but somehow there are still starving children. This isn’t because God is cruel and chooses to let that child starve, but because we, the people who have everything, choose to hoard all the money and food for ourselves.

I believe in a God who is perfect in everyway. And seeing that mankind was imperfect, he created a way for them to be redeemed. He sent us a man named Jesus who could show us the way to be free of all the misery that the world throws at us. I believe in this God because I have sought him ought and he has revealed himself to me. For this reason, I don’t want anyone to take my word, but I want each person to find this loving God on his own. If you have ever had any inkling that there may be something or someone bigger than us, that there may be a God, than I implore you to find out whatever you can about Him and do not give up until you’ve realized His love for you.

“And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, may have power, together with all the saints, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses knowledge—that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God.”

-Ephesians 3:17-19