ashley - Madawaska, Maine

How can one little word have so many meanings? This one very powerful word, miracle. Now I am not talking about those coming back to life, eye opening, mouth dropping miracles. I’m talking about the things that happen around us everyday kind of miracles. Everyday that I wake up with that golden sun warming up my face is a little miracle

I know that everyday I spend with my family is a miracle, because I know that they will always be there no matter what. Not everyone has this kind of miracle, which I find very sad. This miracle can keep you going no matter what. Just having someone there to guide you through your life and show you that you are loved and will always be loved. Every time someone close to you is standing there with open arms, they are letting you know that they will always be there and never leave you alone. I believe this is the miracle of love.

New parents hold in their arms what they call God’s little miracle. That little baby bundled up in its mother’s arms is a sign of hope and love. In this miracle parents can learn to love and teach. Watching their little miracle grow up is a way of knowing that they are doing the right thing.

All of these miracles can make us who we are today. Now don’t get me wrong I do believe that there are those eye opening, mouth dropping miracles. The ones that people can’t even find words to explain. I’ve personally had a friend who has experienced a life-changing miracle. My friend’s experience has left me with the felling of hope that there is such a thing as miracles. This friend has been through a tough journey. The tough journey that would be described as a harmful, destructive condition. Cancer. This friend had the opportunity to go to the wonderful place of Rome. Rome is where I think that this astounding miracle happened. While visiting Rome my friend had the opportunity of being blessed at a mass said by the pope. A few weeks later when he had gotten back from his once in a lifetime experience, he went to his monthly mind worrying check up. This is when he found out the cancer was finally gone! Seeing his face finally light up for the first time in a long time made me realize that miracles can happen to anyone and everyone. I know that this was his miracle and that he was never going to forget it.

I believe that no matter what people tell you, you can always find the good things in life, and if you open your eyes just a little more you will see that everything good in life is truly a miracle.