Life to the fullest

Klaudia - New Britain, Connecticut
Themes: carpe diem

Life is a privilege. There for, I enjoy living life. Many people complain about how many things go wrong in their lives and yes, so do I, but in the end of the day, I am grateful. You only have one life to live so you might as well make something out of it so my motto is live life to the fullest. It’s just too much of a precious time to not to make the best of it.

Maybe this may seem a little vague, but you have to agree that it’s true. I mean, what if you just sat on the coach all day, doing nothing and you did that every single day. It’s a waste of time. Go out and have fun, find love, experience different cultures and just be happy. Happiness is the key to having a worthwhile lifetime so people need to make sure they have plenty of it. I, for example, always try to find something to do to be happy and have fun. If I’m not working or if I’m not in school, I’m with my friends and/or family, having a blast maybe at the movies or a club or just spending some relaxing time with them. Anything that makes you happy, like my friends to me, are worth while keeping in your life because they are huge aspects that help make your life worthwhile.

To live life to the fullest, you can’t have regrets. But many people find that they do have regrets and this just upsets me. Why you may ask? Well, what are they regretting? I mean, at one point, whatever they are regretting, they wanted to do it at a certain point so they shouldn’t regret it. If anything, they should come out with a learned experience from their mistakes and regrets. I know I have came out with many experiences in my life. But these experiences helped me become the person I am today and I am grateful. I think I am a good person with a good head on my shoulders and wouldn’t want to change anything about my past. After all, the past is who you are and determines what you will become.

Living your life to the fullest should be everyone’s number one goal. Otherwise, why want to live? This may seem harsh, but people have so many opportunities to experience life as we know it and most of them don’t want to grab these opportunities. We have to take these opportunities for granted. Live up to your expectations and do what you want. I know once I finish with school and get on my own two feet, I want to travel the world and see all that I can see. I want my life to be full of adventure and good memories. One of my professors once told me that, she wants to lie on her death bed and smile because she did everything she wanted to do in her life. And she is right. I want to be able to say the same and so, I will continue living my life to the fullest with no regrets. Everyone should have this drive in life.