Are They Truly Your Friends?

Tamara - Madawaska, Maine

Are They Truly Your Friends?

Have you ever wondered if your friends are your “true friends”? Has it ever occurred to you that your friends might be just using you to try to get more friends? Or maybe they’re just your friend because you have the same label such as emo, prep, a band geek, or a nerd. No matter what people think of you, your true friend is always right there by your side through thick and thin.

If people don’t like you for whom you are and judge you by the way you dress then I suggest that you find new friends that will accept you for who you are. Your new found friends will disregard your crazy hyperactivity at times. Your real friends will like you for you, not by what you wear, or how you look.

My friend and I have gone through everything together. We have gotten in trouble together and we have had fought many but no matter we have always been there for each other and always will. We’ve endured struggles and turmoil’s together and through it all we have been there for each other. There have been times where we did not want to be seen together and it felt like our worlds were crashing, but after all we realized that the little things did not matter and that we needed each other.

A friend ship is special and that you should treat them with care. I believe that true friends should always be there for each other and try to work things out no matter what happens. Friends cry together in times of trouble and laugh together when things are going good. You give them an ear when they need someone to talk to and advice when they ask. You help them when they are struggling and don’t expect anything in return because it’s from your heart. You don’t give up on them when every one else does and remember that you go through the same feelings of pain and hurt. You make each other feel special and be there when times get tough, friends are a gift.

A true friend doesn’t abandon you after a little spat, but learns and grows from it and becomes a better friend. A real friend stays with you through everything. Through the bad and the sad, through the happy and the mad. They stay with you through the scary and the exciting. No matter what a true friend is supposed to be there, even if you need them for the smallest problem. A true friend could be a shoulder to cry on or a person to hug when something good happens.

In conclusion, a true friend who is someone you can always count on no matter what and a person that you know will always be there for whatever you need them for.(487)