All You Need Is Love

Kathryn - Louisville, Kentucky
Themes: love

I believe a very simple concept. I believe that love is the answer to all of life’s problems. This concept was shaped for me by my loving family, and all the love I’ve experienced in my life. There shouldn’t be war, crime, or murder. There shouldn’t be children who are hungry. There shouldn’t be homeless people on the streets. If we all loved one another, we would look out for one another. There wouldn’t be systems in place to keep the lower class down. There wouldn’t be inequality between men and women.

We should all look at ourselves as equals. I know that I for one, do not place myself above any one else. Now it may seem like I’m just saying this to make myself look like a good person. But truly, I see everyone as my equal. I try and love everyone. Now in order for this belief to become a belief of all people, we must realize a few things. We must realize that love isn’t easy. We should remember what it says in the bible in Corinthians 13: 4-7 “Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always preserves.”

This is a beautiful passage in the bible, and I believe this is what we all should base our life upon. Also we need to remember that love isn’t the love you always see in the movies, it doesn’t have to just be between a man and a woman. Maybe you love your dog, maybe you love macaroni and cheese. All that is fine, the world in being more loving would also be more accepting.

So again I will say that I believe a very simple thing. I believe love is the answer, and as The Beatles said, “all you need is love.”