I believe in believing

Anthony - Struthers, Ohio

I believe in believing. Believing is what makes all things possible. Believing makes dreams reality, transforms adversities into triumphs, challenges into conquests, failures into successes, the unbearable bearable, the unsightly pleasing, and despair into hope. Believing makes lust monogamous, overcomes gluttony with conservation, crushes greed with charity, converts sloth to esteem, shames wrath with forgiveness, smashes envy with praise, and swallows pride with humility.

I believe that believing is what separates human beings from every other life form. Believing is the core of human existence. It is why we became what we are and why we are still here. Without believing, mankind would not know all that we know, all that feel, or all that we have. Humans would not know, feel, or have meaning or purpose. Without believing we would be just another notch on the low end of the food chain, and most likely extinct. We have evolved because someone believed that we could and someone else believed that we would and someone else believed that we must.

I believe that believing is the very thing that gives us our will or soul or understanding that we can make things better – and then even better. Believing enables us to learn. Believing allows people the ability to forge ahead, wavier through darkness, and stride for perfection. Without believing people would not know compassion, humor, creation, or our greatest give – unconditional love. Believing is the first step to everything we do and everything that exists for us, and everything that awaits for us. For THIS I BELIEVE in believing. I believe so much that I believe I was meant to write this message. YES! I BELIEVE!