Jenna - Madawaska, Maine

Can you think of the last time you went somewhere, and didn’t need money to get there? I personally cannot. Our lives have revolved around money ever since we can remember. Sometimes money can change our entire image into someone greedy or malicious. Every person is unique, and everyone is beautiful on the inside. However, people sometimes become less unique and cold on the inside because of money.

Of course there are many people who have a lot of money, and they try to help the homeless out as much as they can, and I bless them, but then you have people who are just greedy and don’t believe that their money should be given to jobless, useless people. By helping out the homeless people, you are saving a life that could change the world!

I personally try to help the homeless a lot. For example, I go trick or treating for canned goods to help the poor families get more food on the table, and I donate clothing that I have outgrown. I am overcome with a sense of exhilaration when I find out that the family that received the clothing is very delighted.

Money has become the root of all evil. That saying is heard very often, because it is often very true. Playing poker, investing in many stocks just to make more money can make people bitter. It also causes people to do extremely crazy things. Many of the robberies and killings all have something to do with money. That is usually why someone has been killed, or wounded. It is sad to see what our world has come to because of money. All the bad things that money has done are now outweighing the good ones.

Money is now everyone’s friend, and for some odd reason, people believe that money will bring them happiness. Why should you have friends or family when you can own a huge company, billions of dollars, and a large mansion on the hilltop in Los Angeles? So, what if people are getting angry at your actions! Your friends and family are only a drag. WRONG!

I believe that life shouldn’t revolve around money, and riches. I think that happiness should come from people helping people, and not from money. I am just one voice, but many people feel the same way.