glenn - post falls, Idaho

I believe in drive, not the kind you sit on your butt for, but the kind that get people places. I would say that most parents try to push there kids to do what they want to do when they “grow up,” and this is very true in my family.

After graduating high school, I, like most teens, had no idea where I wanted to go, what I wanted to do, when would it happen and how it all would work out in the end. I finish a semester early, so that I could do some traveling. I felt like I needed someway to document my trips. A digital camera would become my side kick from every trip from here on out. Having my parents as my financial advisers, I ran the idea of buying a $1,200 camera by them. Scared it would just be a fad I was going though and would later become a shelf piece, they urged me to think it over but still supportive of it. Two days later it was being sent next day air to my house, so that I would have it for a west coast road trip.

From this point on, photography has been my life. I needed a way to make a living and still travel and photo would be my ticket. Thought freelancing (doing random photo jobs) I have turned shooting into a full time job and has payed for all of my tuition so far and will continue at Missouri Southern University for photojournalism. Working hard and setting my mind to the end goal, to have the cover shot of TIME or LIFE magazine have been some of the things that I think are priceless in achieving your dreams. If I had wanted to become an astronaut, I feel I could be well on my way. There is no point in limiting yourself in what you think can be yours. My Father always said,“once you start working you will never stop,” so I figured, might as well be doing something that I wanted to do.