Josh - Merrill WI 54452, Wisconsin

There were many times in my life when I’ve been down and did not feel like I belonged in this world but my friends and family have brought me back. I never realized how difficult life is and what can happen if you don’t try your hardest in school and succeed. I love to go to school to see my friends and I like to learn, but I seem to not succeed. You have to work hard to succeed. I learned this philosophy from my father; he’s the ideal of my life.

All of my family is trying to make my school career better than it has been lately. My cousins Jeff have gone through the struggle in school and I hope that I do not go down the same path. One of my cousins did a lot of slacking and partied a lot and now he regrets it. He is now in the construction field in blueprint writing and he loves it. My other two cousins Sam and Kyle did the same with partying and drinking and got caught and had to drop out of college because they had to work to pay off their fines. In math class this year I am having trouble and have no clue why I’m failing. Although math has never been my favorite I always passed with a C or better. In the past, I rarely asked for help and I still succeeded.

Like back in grade school and middle school my teachers explained the subject to a point. In high school they expect you to learn it yourself with a little explanation. Like

last year in geometry my teacher told us to read the chapter, take notes and do the assignment with very little explanation. I have to be ready for college and really bear down and get my work done by myself.

I’m frustrated because I try hard and don’t succeed. My mom is trying hard to make me pass my classes but she really can’t help me with my math because she doesn’t understand it and now I’m going to go to tutoring. The first time that I went to the tutoring it was a great success. I actually understood the math and I’m going to pass the next few testes. She helped me understand the information so great that it was a breeze and fun to do. My parents are going to be so glad for me that I’m going to get that grade up and pass the class.

Know that I have that philosophy from my dad; I will try my hardness to succeed in life. I have used my dad’s knowledge everyday because if you don’t do your best in life you will fail. Those who don’t will be like Jeff, Kyle, and Sam not going to college and succeeding in life. My father came from a rough childhood and look where he is today, a Lt for the Merrill Police Department. Use this philosophy and you will boom in life.