Experinces of the Gifted

Cameron - Kaukauna, Wisconsin

Being just 18 I have experienced a lot of life changing experiences in my life, ranging from tortured and left to die by my father and step-mother at the age of nine, rescuing a disabled person from almost being hit by a bus during my high school career, to having to be helped from others for my own problems that dealt with rage and suicidal like depression, and the most bizarre things that can’t be explained by science or human logic.

Some of those “things” deal with the unknown. As if we are only beginning to break this boundary line of “what we really know.” To some people fear of the unknown that we can’t explain we eventually destroy or we say that some scientific logic/reasoning with some mathematical equation is the only way to explain the supernatural. What is even worse is the fact that there are individuals out in society that are forced to live two lives because in society it isn’t very accepted if you are “clairvoyant or psychic” and not only on top of it is the fact if these individuals come out of the “dark” we call them “insane and looped”; then after that we have them “evaluated and locked up” because society believes that there are insane and fears them and cannot explain why they are different. A lot of these gifted people more then likely wander in an extreme cautioned life; afraid of actually allowing people to know them for whom they are.

I believe that society fears what we cannot explain and have no answers for this yet. Why does everything have to have an explanation? Why cannot we just accept the unknown as it is? What if these gifted folk were at one point normal but do to a tragedy or a gene that unlocks potential aspects of our minds they developed a new sense of awareness and power, which we haven’t found the knowledge or vast wisdom to unlock ourselves yet? Some say that we only use ten or twenty percent of our minds and that those that are psychic or “gifted” have been able to somehow use the rest of the eighty to ninety percent of our minds to use their abilities.

We all have abilities or a psychic sense…it is the fact that how do we unlock it? How do we use the other side of our minds? Where does this all come from? Those questions are not important right now. What if by chance we in the past all had abilities but as time went by we and society grew and because technology grew the aid of the unknown was not needed as much and our knowledge of the unknown became hidden as well. We should not fear the unknown because it did exist before, why can it not exist now? Accept it and eventual society will not fear it and this too I also believe in.