are we faithful?

veronica - louisville, Kentucky
Themes: love

Are We Faithful?

I’ve always been taught to love someone unconditionally and that you’re meant to be with only one person in your whole life. I believe in being faithful to that one special person. I don’t believe in cheating and I don’t believe in lying in a relationship. I believe that it is a simple waste of time plus it is not good or easy for either person in that relationship.

My mother has always told me that one special guy will come along and sweep me off my feet, and I really do believe it. I know that it won’t happen soon or anywhere near as perfect as it sounds, but doesn’t every girl want this to happen to her in life.

My grandparents are my main role models, they have been together for almost 50 years, and they have never been happier. They help me believe that there is such a thing as an perfect marriage. My specific definition of a “perfect marriage” is not what everyone else thinks of when they hear it. My definition is two people, no matter what race, sexuality, or age, that fight, argue, but understand each other. No one on earth is supposed to know you perfectly or treat you perfectly, but in your eyes they are truly the right one for you.

I love life and I want to live it to the fullest, but unlike some girls, in life, all they look for is that “perfect guy”. When in reality he will only come along unexpectedly, or not at all because that’s all you were looking for and you may have already passed him up. No one knows who their special someone is supposed to be, but we always hope that the one we pick to spend the rest of our life with is hopefully the one.

I believe in love, life, hope and that everyone will find that someone who they’ll fight with, have those small break-up’s, smiles and hugs that you only have with your true someone. Everyone has one, it will just take you time to find that special feeling when your with that person. I don’t believe that you should waste time looking for him/her, but I do believe the thought of them should be in the back of your mind forever.