Words Can Only Hurt You if You Let Them

Larissa - kent, Washington
Themes: carpe diem

Have you ever been so hurt by something some one has said to you that was derogatory or about you to someone else? Well I know for sure that every girl has gone through this. And I am one of those girls who have, and let me tell you it sucks. I believe that words do hurt if you let them get to you.

Having someone say something horrible about you really does stay with you for life; it lowers your self-esteem, and causes problems in your life. I feel that the things that people say to you affect you forever.

When people say something about you that hurts you, it’s not a good feeling. People don’t think before they say things and what they say can affect you for the rest of your life. The horrible things some people say will most likely stay with you until you are older. I know from personal experience that when some calls you a “hoe” or anything else you are always thinking about what your next action is. (If people are going to call you a “hoe” for it). The comment that they said might go to the back of your head for awhile but it’s always there.

The words not only stay with you forever they also lower your self esteem.

Self confidence is such an important thing in life; you need to be able to walk down the road with your head held high. But when people call you names and talk horrible about you, your self confidence goes down the drain. You don’t have that confidence that you once had. You become worried about what people are saying when you walk by them. The things people say about you changes everyone’s view of you. The rumors fly and there is nothing you can do, but keep living your life.

I never let people bring me down I live my life to the fullest, and don’t listen to what others are saying. Some people aren’t as lucky as me to have such a high self esteem or confidence.

Some people the things people say change there life completely and for a long time. Some people become depressed and anti – social. Others who really let it get to them may start having illnesses like anorexia and bulimia. I feel that these girls are ridiculous there is no need to harm your body for something people say. The worst thing ever is when your friends begin to listen to what others say about you and stop being your friend. The words people say affect you in many ways. I feel that people need to watch what they say before they open there mouth and say it.

Even though there just words or jokes, they do affect a person. The words never leave you and are forever with you. The confidence and self esteem of a person is so important but the words people say can just take it all away and cause major problems in your life. I wish all girls could realize that you just have to shake it off and live your life. Life is short, you can’t worry about the stupid things people say. I get a lot of crap from a lot of people but it never once has brought me down or lowered my self esteem. Some say its cause I don’t care and they are right I don’t care what anyone says. I do believe deeply that words do hurt if you let them get to you.