Never give up

Brittany - Meridian, Idaho

Have you ever had a day so awful you just want to crawl into bed, crumple up in a ball and just disappear? When I have days like these I simply remember this quote, “Never give up you don’t know what tomorrow will bring.” These are the wise words that were spoken from my seventh grade teacher and it has kind of stuck with me ever since. If I have a bad day I refuse to dwell on it, I put the past behind me continue to move forward, and hope that tomorrow is better.Orison Marden once said , “There is no medicine like hope, no incentive so great, and no tonic so powerful as the expectation of something tomorrow.” Hope is something that I live off of, if I am 99.9% sure something is not going to happen, it dosen’t phase me because it is the 0.1% that keeps me going. I find its the smallest possibilities that have the greatest impact on my life. It is hard for me to cancel out things and tell myself I can’t do them because I believe anything is possible, I know that is a cliche, but to me it’s true. It is impossible to succeed at anything if you are too afraid to fail. Christopher Columbus once said, “You can never cross the ocean unless you have the courage to lose sight of the shore.” I find this very true because you can never go anywhere in life if you are too afraid to leave your comfort zone. For example, I have always played basketball,but one year I decided to try something new so I played both soccer and volleyball. I was terrible at both but I did not let it get to me because we cannot be perfect at everything that we do, but it is important to me to try new things to make sure I am not missing out on anything. Everybody has bad days, it is just a part of life, but it is the way that you handle them which decides how tomorrow is going to be. Rather than carry the baggage of a bad day on to the next, I choose to leave it behind and see what the following day is going to offer. I choose to have a positive attitude even if I know things may not go my way, I always look at it as the glass being half full. It is important to find the good in even the worst situations. I cannot see the future, I cannot see if I am going to have a great day or not. What I can do is keep a positive attitude and see what tomorrow brings.